This video was produced by Tony Withers, a Friend of Bristol Art Gallery
As well as the satisfaction of supporting one of the UK’s finest art galleries, Friends receive a great deal for their subscriptions.
- Exhibitions: Invitations to exhibition openings.
- Friends’ Bulletin: A quarterly review of news, comment and details of forthcoming events and visits.
- Lectures: Spring and summer lectures with lunch, and a series of winter evening lectures, usually in the Rear Hall of the Museum – all by experts in their fields. Evening lectures are free to Friends, with a small charge for guests.
- Excursions: Visits to the National Gallery, Tate, Royal Academy and other venues for major exhibitions in London and elsewhere; visits to other galleries and museums, to country houses and gardens (some not generally open to the public), and residential excursions to other parts of the country and occasionally abroad.
- Social events: These include a new year/spring lunch and mid-summer party, often in a period house, and each Christmas there is a popular carol service exclusively for the Friends.
All these activities present the opportunity to meet other Friends who share a common interest in, and concern for, the Arts.
Click on PROGRAMME for a guide to our current activities and forthcoming events.
To join now, please click on JOIN.